Can I please tell you: I think I posted my most controversial Instagram-story of all times last night. A raw, vegan pad thai with shrimp. Who would have known! I should post questionable recipes at least once a week simply for debates sake. What say?
I basically posted a photo of my plate with a caption saying something along the lines of “raw vegan pad thai & peanut sauce with shrimp” before digging into my meal last night. The number of comments that have dropped in between last night and today about shrimp not being vegan is not just surprising but…mind-blowing.
Of course I know shrimp isn’t vegan you guys. I added that to my raw, vegan dish though, because I felt like having added protein post workout. My apologies though, for not being more specific.
Since 83% of you asked for the recipe, I’m sticking to my promise of posting it on the blog–a recipe I saved as a screenshot on my phone a few weeks ago. Here you go, all you vegans, non-vegans and shrimps out there!
Raw, Vegan “Pad Thai”
1. Thinly chop/shred –
- Red cabbage
- White cabbage
- Bell peppers (I used both yellow & red)
- Spring onion/leek
2. Spiralize –
3. Mix everything in a bowl, add bean sprouts
4. Make the world’s best peanut dressing –
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2-3 limes
- Freshly grated ginger
- Lots of fresh chili
- One garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or sesame seed oil
5. Add chopped avocado and/or chopped mango (yum) if you feel like it, and for all the non-vegans out there, add pan seared tofu, chicken or shrimp if you feel extra adventurous. I don’t like tofu, but personally love the shrimp with this dish
6. Plate it and sprinkle chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro on top
I hope you enjoy as much as I did!