Blazer Zara, denim Raey, slippers Isabel Marant
I’m at my usual morning spot – Sequel, in Kala Ghoda. I’ll really miss having my solo mornings here when I move from Colaba back to Bandra… Because yes, that’s what’s up! As a part of my process of resigning and starting off on my own, I’ve decided to move back to Bandra. I absolutely love my flat, but I’m never home. Except for having my office this side of town, I spend about 4-5 nights home every month. I could technically stay in a 5-star hotel once a week for the same money I pay for my rent.
So, in the middle of proposals, full-time work, a fashion shoot for Saif’s sister’s brand, and some meetings for WAC, I’m going to see some more flats today with my broker. May as well do it all in one go, right?
What else is new? Below are a few of my thoughts on some recent high’s and low’s…
3 worst things about this week so far –
- My stomach. It’s consistently bad. Not even bad – it’s terrible. I did a bunch of tests and everything is clear/pointing towards lactose intolerance. I’ve tried cutting out dairy entirely this week… What is even weirder is that my stomach tends to get better the second I leave Indian soil. I won’t even change my diet. Is it the air?! Seriously. Stay tuned for progress update…
- I still haven’t booked my ticket home, because I’m waiting for an update on some visa related stuff. I’m dying to go home, and I miss my family. It would be so nice to be home for Valborg (a Swedish tradition where we celebrate spring)
- The flush on my toilet broke. Every time I flush my bathroom gets flooded. I guess this is a very silly problem to have – so I’m blessed, really. Blessed with a leaking flush.
3 best things about this week so far –
- All the changes that are happening in my life right now – I feel so happy, light and energised! It’s like I’ve been waiting to get here for so long, and now it’s finally happening. Slightly scary, but so exciting.
- My business cards! I may have driven my graphic designer mad in the process, but I’m so excited about my new business card design. And we’re redesigning the logo for WAC. Showing you, soon!
- It’s my birthday next week! On Tuesday, in fact. Saif and I are trying to decide whether we should go to Bangkok next weekend, for a mini-getaway. If work allows, that’s what we’ll do. Please share all your Bangkok recommendations with me!